Loading some great jobs for you...
Purpose of the Job:
The VSS CTI Senior Product Manufacturing Engineer will be responsible for the delivery of world class Service solutions into the Global Service Technology Centre's in order to deliver and stimulate VSS sustainable and profitable growth. This includes the delivery of all new product launches and the sustaining support for legacy products.
They will work closely with VSS Engineering, Service Marketing and Product Companies in order to define, deliver& communicate service capability and processes within the market sectors of the VSS Business.
1. Capacity. Works with the Product Company, STCs, Marketing, Technical and Quality teams to ensue that information concerning the design of the products is correct and enhanced to improve the service business. Reviews the NPI capacity requirements, plans and supports projects to meet STC Service business requirements.
2. Capability. Supports the delivery of service offerings to the STCs which will include the updating & creation of SOPs, parts manuals, test documentation, new tooling and gauging requirements with associated costs, task lists & bill of materials. The ability to project plan, execute & ensuring the SBU website is up to date and that all documents are maintained, approved & uploaded in-line with business requirements with full audit control. Ensure that the tooling database is kept up to date enabling easy access to tooling costs & lead times.
3. Cost control. Creation and management of the Product Service Support Plan which will include the product description, technical data, sales & repair volumes, project costs & roll-out justification including materials & tooling costs.
4. Engineering Change. Supports & ensures all documents & procedures have been approved & are available via the SBU website and trained out to the global STCs.
5. Communication. Communicates / Reviews requirements with STCs globally / Operations including VSS Management / Marketing, Technical, Manufacturing Engineers, Supply Chain, Quality, Failure Analysis Managers and STC personnel to meet objectives.
6. Facility . Project manages the requirements of new or legacy equipment, processes or training into the Global STC facilities.
7. Control. Change control is essential and communication of change to the STCs and the Service division is paramount. Supports 6S, Kaizen, EC's, Permits and ITP training.
8. Management. The NPI roll-out of new pumps, controllers or systems supporting the project delivery, tooling, procedures & training requirements globally for STC technicians or engineers & if required FSE's in order to deliver a full suite of training. Updating, management and rollout of any legacy product information or data.
a) During all work activities observes policies, regulations and directives for assuring safety and protection of health during work
b) During all work activities observes policies, regulations and directives for quality and protection of the environment
c) Keeps his working place and equipment in order and in the line with the 6S system principles
d) Shows active approach towards broadening knowledge and qualification
e) Active approach to BPI and partnership building
f) Follows internal guidelines of the employer and generally applicable regulations
Skills / Knowledge / Experience
Education and experiences:
University - Bachelor's degree in Engineering.
Relevant working experiences in a Manufacturing or Mechanical engineering environment.
Functional skills/ ISIT:
Solid knowledge of Manufacturing Engineering methods
Understanding of STC / Field Service NPI process roll-out
ERW (Engineering Review Worksheet)
Kaizen (and problem-solving tools)
Six Sigma understanding
Lean Manufacturing (appreciation)
RASCI, tooling design
Good / advanced level of O365, Visio, SAP, AUTOCAD / Catia- being able to quickly adjust to new ISIT systems and processes
English at an advanced level
Personality and social skills:
Drive customer success: understand the customer needs and supports in a friendly and professional manner. Actively seeks feedback to accurately identify customer needs. Keen to improve customer success.
Improve business results: Interest to understand how to contribute to business success. Openness to change with a high learning ability. Thorough and precise in executing their own work. Being competitive to negotiate the business strategies with internal stakeholders.
Lead him/herself: Take responsibility of failures and success of their own work. Engage in activities to broaden their own knowledge and skills. Seek feedback from others to constantly improve skills and enhance networks. Driven to get things done.
Focus on team success: Actively collaborate with others and openly shares knowledge and experiences. Offers to help others and learn from others.
Embrace sustainability: Follow stated policies and practices as well as honor agreements and commitments. Being concerned with rules and accuracy. Raising flags when things go wrong
Scope of the Job:
Undertakes 4 - 8 key projects per year of $0-5M Dollars including other smaller support projects under VSS Global Manager NPI and Engineering Support supervision.
Indirectly supports the Equipment sales and directly supports the service (VSS) though existing and new service capability.
Delivers to the regions the product service capability supporting the warranty avoidance costs.
To work alongside the Product Company NPI teams at the start of a new project in order to understand & provide a critical design review (Design for Service) tooling costs to support the product commercialization process (PCP).
Responsible for the creation of the STC Product Support Plan in order to provide sales & repair volumes, project costs, materials & tooling costs and roll-out justification in order to provide STC readiness.
To manage and ensure all training documentation & tooling are available at launch of service NPI roll-out and to manage globally any STC based hands-on training requirements.
The ability to work with external suppliers in order to create or modify specifications, engineering drawings covering tooling and complex systems, expertise to discuss alternative solutions & to support equipment safety reviews.
To ensure that the global master tool list is up to date with accurate costs, delivery lead times & supplier information and to liaise with other tool procurement sites.
Ensures that the tooling or equipment costs are in-line with the Master Specification and budget forecasts and seek low cost alternatives where appropriate.
Supports the creation of all new parts manuals, test specs & new Standard Operation Procedures (SOP's) and where required updating older documents or creating new versions for legacy products ensuring the document approval process is followed prior to release.
Ability to operate harmoniously as a member of a multi-disciplined team and motivated to travel globally when required (est.
To work within the VSS team to ensure best practice & standardization is communicated Globally & adhered to at all times.
Ability to demonstrate product and STC manufacturing engineering process knowledge for all VSS CTI products.
Edwards is a leading developer and manufacturer of sophisticated vacuum products, exhaust management systems and related value-added services. Edwards solutions are integral to manufacturing processes for semiconductors, flat panel displays, LEDs and solar cells. They are also used within an increasingly diverse range of industrial processes including power, glass and other coating applications; steel and other metallurgy; pharmaceutical and chemical; and for scientific instruments in a wide range of R&D applications.
Edwards has over 4,000 employees worldwide engaged in the design, manufacture and support of high technology vacuum and exhaust management equipment. Edwards has state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities in Europe, Asia and North America.
Launch your career - Create your profile now!Create your Profile
Loading some great jobs for you...